A Mother’s Heart – Episode 239
Download This Show: MP3 Download
For PC right click “Save As” – For MAC click the link and click the down arrow
Published: December 5, 2020
If we will allow Him, God will develop His heart in us to care for others.
Edna Baptiste has been a gospel singer and musician for 50 years, but she always was a caregiver at heart. As a teenager, Edna volunteered as a candy striper in hospitals. Now, she has been called upon to be a caregiver for her daughter, who has been twice diagnosed with cancer.
“I had to admit that I had to shed some tears,” she tells Rev. McCray. Inspired by her daughter’s resolve and emotional support, Edna says she eventually gained the strength often required to be a caregiver.
Edna provides helpful tips on how to be an effective caregiver and talks about realizing what she needed to do for her own spiritual well-being during this time. Edna also shares her profound gratitude to God for guiding her and her daughter during difficult days.
- “God’s got this. This is not this kind of party.”
- “I always thought I needed more, or I needed a lot of other things.”
- “When one is told that they have cancer, it’s a moment of truth…”
- “Get a direction from Him (God) every day.”
- “Connect yourself with other like-minded people.”